Fire Safety Plans
Our experienced fire safety and emergency action plan directors can write your fire safety plan and emergency action plan to pass the onsite exam. Learn more …
View Page »
We will write the fire safety plan for your hotel or motel, commercial office, or residential building and we’ll ensure your plan is approved by the FDNY. Learn more about fire safety plans.
View Page »
The New York City Fire Department requires that residential buildings prepare a fire safety guide that informs occupants and visitors of fire safety procedures.
View Page »
Call Kevin or Frank to understand why you need an IFA Fire Safety Plan prepared by Global Security Group. Learn more here…
View Page »
Who Must Have A Combined Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan?
New York City Rule (3 RCNY § 06-02) requires certain high rise commercial office buildings to have an FDNY approved Combined Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan.
The properties covered under this rule are as follows:
- Office buildings and spaces that meet the definition of occupancy group B set forth in the New York City Building Code (New York City Administrative Code §27-253) that are:
- Greater than six (6) stories in height, or
- Greater than seventy-five (75) feet in height, or
- Have more than one hundred (100) occupants above or below street level, or
- Have more than five-hundred (500) occupants in the entire building, or
- As otherwise required by law or regulation, or
- As ordered by the Fire Commissioner.
Why Your Property Needs A Combined Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan
Aside from the obvious need to comply with legal requirements there are a number of benefits to having a current and well-rehearsed Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan.
First and foremost is ensuring the safety of your employees and tenants in the eventof a fire or other emergency.
A staff which is well trained and practiced in fire safety procedures will respond quickly and effectively in an emergency thus reducing risk to occupants and minimizing damage to the facility.
Many insurance companies either require properties to have a Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan or will issue discounts to those that do.
A combined Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan may reduce the legal liability of owners or managers in the event of a fire or other emergency in their building.
What Does A Combined Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan Entail?
In order to comply with NYC regulations for a Combined Fire Safety / Emergency Action Plan a property governed by this rule must:
- Have a written plan which establishes the actions that will be taken in responseto a fire or non-fire related emergency.
- This plan must be submitted to and accepted by the NYC Fire Department.
- Have a Fire Safety / Emergency Action Plan Director or Deputy Fire Safety / Emergency Action Plan Director with proper Certificate of Fitness from FDNYon duty at all times when the building has more than one hundred (100) occupants
- Conduct fire drills semi-annually.
- Conduct emergency action plan drills annually.
- Conduct required training for building employees.
- Conduct required training for building floor wardens and deputy wardens.
- Maintain Fire Safety / Emergency Action Plan log books
- Post and maintain staffing charts on each floor of the building.
How An Emergency Action Plan Director at Global Security Group Can Help
Since 2001 Global Security Group’s staff of retired FDNY and NYPD supervisors has been helping property owners and managers with all aspects of Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan compliance including:
- Combined Fire Safety and Emergency Action Plan preparation
- Fire Safety drills
- Emergency Action Plan drills
- Training for building employees and wardens
- Fire Safety Director Courses
- Fire Safety Director refresher courses
- Emergency Action Plan Director courses
- Addressing and correcting FDNY violations
Please call 212-285-2400 for a free consultation. Our professional and courteous staff will assist you with your organization’s Fire Safety Plan needs.